ASCRO is an association and forum for standardising trade practices in clinical studies that benefit customers, agencies and CROs alike.
In 2017, ASCRO and LIF signed an associative agreement in order to be able to work closer together and join forces in areas of common interest. The agreement also means that ASCRO’s members agree to follow the ethical rules that apply to the medical industry in Sweden. ASCRO share offices with LIF on Sveavägen 63 in Stockholm. We are also in dialogue with the Swedish MPA, SKL, KSS, and other relevant partners.
Processes agreed between the MPA, LIF and ASCRO can remove operational bottlenecks, thereby lowering the cost and time of managing trials in Sweden. CROs that have sought and followed the advice of the MPA show approval rates close to 100%. ASCRO will work continuously to establish channels of MPA consultation for its members.
SKL and ASCRO share an interest in increasing the number of clinical studies in Sweden; cooperation is the best way forward. LIF, the trade association of our customers, should have an equivalent body to discuss preferred practices. As ASCRO members, all CROs benefit from being mutually represented to these organisations.
• Through partnership with different levels of government, national agencies, academia and key actors in the pharmaceutical-, biotech- and medical technology industry, the members of ASCRO improve the conditions for the planning, conduct and reporting of clinical research in Sweden, by fostering the development, access and use of common principles and standards for partnering with CRO’s, and for the effective recruitment of investigators and patients/subjects into clinical trials.
• ASCRO carries out its mission through advocacy on policy issues of major importance for the CRO and research industry seeking to improve business conditions for its members. In addition, it sets a minimum required standard for the provision of CRO services and provides essential support for its members, in order to meet their individual business objectives.
• ASCRO shall seek to position its members as recognized stakeholders and contributors towards the effective management of clinical research/clinical trials in Sweden.
• ASCRO shall raise the profile of consultancy in clinical research to a level where ASCRO and its members are associated with a minimum required level of quality of its services, and for employing market leading business ethics.
• act as an independent interest group and voice for CROs active in Sweden providing consultancy services to academia, the pharmaceutical-, biotech- and medical technology industry.
• represent and promote the common interests of its members towards sponsors, governmental agencies/bodies, research organizations and similar entities.
• be an active part in the provision of information, in lobbying to influence political, public, industry and other decision makers in matters of importance for its members and those serving the mission of ASCRO.
• serve as a facilitator and can organize meetings and conferences as means for dialogue between its members and with the Industry.
• act to strengthen the position of the CRO as a key research entity in Sweden.
• provide counselling and advice within its field.
• promote training, education and mentoring for CRO consultants.
• promote the development of tools, techniques and technologies for state of the art recruitment of investigators and patients into clinical trials.
Board of directors
Chairman, External Member of the Board
Vice Chairman, Member of the Board with information responsibility
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
Member of the Board, Treasurer
Clinical Trial Consultants